An inspirational and motivating language tool that combines academic learning and stimulating study in intriguing ways. Skill-based learning strategies and specific language exercises together support effective acquisition of academic and professional English.
This Reading, Writing and Spoken Communication -textbook in Academic and Professional English is a comprehensive language course in itself, designed to promote skills and abilities in both academic contexts and professional environments. The inspiring, thought-provoking texts act as springboards into reading comprehension activities, reading skills development, vocabulary expansion, grammar analysis, writing practice, and verbal communication in the form of discussion and presentations.
Following a theory section for Reading, Writing, and Spoken Communication respectively each text is accompanied by tailor-made, relevant exercises to provide language resources essential for both college students and working professionals. Strategies to read more quickly, develop a professional word bank, write more effectively and become a powerful conversationalist form the backbone of this textbook, ideal for either coursework or self-study.
Supporting exercises for each Text:
- Pre-reading questions guide the reader into the topic.
- Skimming questions help the reader to achieve an overall preliminary idea of the text.
- Content questions focus on thorough reading comprehension.
- Vocabulary and Grammar section teaches the reader to use context in learning.
- Paraphrasing develops thinking processes combined with vocabulary use.
- Summary writing requires the reader to identify main points in written form.
- Discussion questions promote interaction and sharing inspired by the texts.
- Writing assignment encourages the reader to further expansion of the topic.
A comprehensive Answer key is included.
B2-tasolle sijoittuva oppikirja sopii sekä itseopiskeluun että yliopistojen ja yritysten kielikoulutukseen.